Header

        

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

[moodboard] beloved by toni morrison

I'm surprised it took me as long as it did to read Beloved. It is lauded as one of the great American classics (rightfully so) and I have heard it described as everything from 'too real' to 'haunting'. I'm almost finished with it and it's hard to describe my headspace in regards to it. The imagery and the passages cling to me like cobwebs.

I've really always liked the idea of mood boards and scrapbooking! Sometimes when you can't articulate something, visuals are so much better. I created one to of what Beloved means to me. This might be an on-going series on the blog as they can serve for jumping off points for future works, I already have a book cover in mind.




from l to r, top to bottom: koto bofolo / Vodoun symbol of Ogoun / Tree by Louisa Parry / Photograph of antebellum gates / abraham mignon

No comments:

Post a Comment