Header

        

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dark Girls Pt. 1

My medicine cabinet is filled to the brim with beauty products despite the fact that I only wear two makeup looks; winged liner with a strong lip and a strong brow with a strong lip. Groundbreaking, really. I've been thinking a lot about representation in the fashion industry and how that relates to my experience as a black girl. The industry is still very behind in terms of diversity. Representation matters. Partially inspired by face charts used by beauty brands, I've started a new series called Dark Girls. I've created 3 girl faces (still working on the 3rd girl) and will try to make at least 5 looks for each. I plan to go beyond 15 pieces but I thought that would be a nice body of work to start with.

4 looks below.













Tom Ford Lipstick in Rouge Fatal, $48











2 comments: