Header

        

Thursday, January 2, 2014

[Things I Love ] Skin.


Happy 2014! Whether you shared champagne with friends or ate ice cream alone in your pajamas, I hope you all had a lovely New Year's Eve. The gods have blessed us, as New York is in the middle of a vicious snowstorm, aptly named Hercules (ha!). From the view from my window, I won't be making any trips outside soon.

Imagine New York as the monster. 


I'm currently hunkered down in my apartment with the heater on full blast. Snowstorms are great for 'nesting'; lounging around your space, watching TV, cooking large meals, self-reflection and creating. Devoting time to pampering yourself is important as well. The cold weather makes me feel so vile; the air is so dry and going in and out of hot places into cold can wreak havoc on your skin.



I'm currently exploring the idea of how what you consume makes you who you are. The brands you're drawn to, the messages you believe in, etc. I really enjoyed setting up the still life in the last post so I think I'll continue as the mood strikes. 

The above products are what I use on my body to combat the harsh New York permafrost. 

I was lucky enough to be roommates with a Greek girl during my time at MICA. We became very fast friends and every time she would return from a holiday, she would bring me back something from this brand. They produce hair, body and face products with very high concentrations of natural ingredients. Everything from their philosophy to the packaging to the results is great, I highly recommend. Unfortunately, you can only get this scent internationally.

2. Coconut Oil ($4-$8)
Found at any health food store, when you put this on over your moisturizer of choice, it adds moisture and locks in it.

3. ROC Daily Resurfacing Pads ($10)
These are meant for your face but it's really good at light exfoliation as well as evening out skin tone.

4. Nivea Creme ($7)
Used by my mother and my grandmother, there's nothing wrong with the classics.

5. Body brush
Exfoliation above all else.

Stay warm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment